Charleston West Virginia Economic Development

Discussions on Economic and Community Development in West Virginia and the Charleston MSA as well as issues of the Charleston Regional Chamber of Commerce.

Friday, June 20, 2008


I Am Your Friends, Family & Neighbors

… I am the people of West Virginia.

I care … I genuinely care. I care about my neighbors. I care about my family. I care about my community. I even care about my fellow motorists.

Evidence of my caring is not hard to find … watch me stop on the side of the road to help someone with a flat tire … listen to me ask about your family and actually care about your response … watch me give you my last penny because I know you need it more than I do.

I feel a genuine connection to my fellow West Virginian, and it doesn’t matter if I’ve gone away to seek new adventures or if I’ve been here my entire life, my West Virginia roots remain strong. My friends and family are a very close knit group — we talk everyday no matter how many miles separate us, we eat together, we work together, we laugh together, we cry together and we support each other.

I’m educated, I work hard, I play hard, and I even relax hard. These are just a few of my characteristics. Ask anyone who has met me, and you’ll get a million more like these.

I’m not hard to recognize … in fact, you’ll recognize me by my wave. I wave at everyone, walking by or driving past you on the street, you’ll get a wave, a smile and often a friendly “Hello!”

We are the people of West Virginia.

- Lesley Hager

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home