Charleston West Virginia Economic Development

Discussions on Economic and Community Development in West Virginia and the Charleston MSA as well as issues of the Charleston Regional Chamber of Commerce.

Friday, June 20, 2008


I Am the People

I am West Virginia. I am the person who smiles at you when you pass me on Capitol Street. I am the person who holds the door so it doesn't slam in your face when you walk into the Mall.

I am the one who helps you up when you trip and makes sure you are okay before I walk away. I am the child who squeals with delight when I get lots of wet kisses from your puppy.

I am the person who says, "thank you," and "I'm sorry," and "please." I am the guy who would rather hug you than shake your hand, and I am also the young girl who still says "sir" and "ma'am."

I am real. I am honest. My roots run deep, and my heart beats true. Yes, I am West Virginia.

- Barbara Braun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home